Dear Patients, Families & Friends,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
We want you to know we care deeply about the health and well-being of our patients, families and our team. Due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic we will be taking additional safety precautions to help reduce risk of transmission and ensure safety. We recognize that some of these precautions may cause temporary inconvenience, but please be assured that your health and the health of our community is our #1 priority.
Changes implemented effective immediately and will continue until further notice are the following:
- When you arrive to our office, we ask that you remain in your car. Please call our front desk at (405) 285-5042 to check in. We will let you know when it is safe for you to enter and one of our team members will meet you at the door.
- Please wear a mask or face covering when entering the office. If you do not have one, we can provide you with one.
- Upon entrance into the building, you will be given hand sanitizer, have your temperature taken (must read less than 99.6 degrees F to receive treatment) and be asked to swish with a 1% hydrogen peroxide rinse. (Coronavirus (COVID-19) is vulnerable to oxidation and this rinse will help reduce the salivary load of oral microbes.)
- Only the patient will be allowed to enter the office. (The only exception, is if the patient is under the age of 18 then they are allowed to be accompanied by one parent.) Spouses, siblings, grandparents, friends, etc. should remain outside in their vehicles. Ideally, patients should drive themselves to and from their appointments. If you require a driver, have your driver leave a phone number with our front desk and we will call your ride when your appointment is completed.
- Magazines, pillows, blankets, etc. have been temporarily removed from our waiting room and operatories as these items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- Appointment times have been altered to allow for disinfection and social distancing between patients. This may mean that you will be offered fewer options when scheduling your appointment.
- If you have traveled domestically or internationally or have been in contact with someone who has, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment for two weeks.
- If you or a family member has recently been sick with a fever, cough, or shortness of breath, we ask that you please reschedule your appointment for two weeks.
Environmental Cleaning & Disinfection Policy:
Our office policy and procedures have not changed due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19). We have always used CDC and OSHA-mandated cleaning and disinfection protocols for all surfaces in our office and treatment rooms. We use a bactericidal, viricidal, fungicidal and tuberculocidal disinfectant recommended for dental operatories.
We want to thank you for your understanding and patience as we navigate through this difficult time together. We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. Thank you for being our patient and choosing Contemporary Endodontics of Oklahoma for your endodontic needs.
Dr. Victoria Ball & Team